Saturday, October 30, 2010

Patience may be a virtue but waiting is fattening!


I have found that although I am a very patient person, especially with children, I don't like waiting on things to happen. So to keep myself busy and my mind off of the waiting I have to find something to do and lately it has been making desserts. Thus the fattening side of waiting. Have you seen the movie "The Waitress"? What stands out to me in the movie is the pies she creates through the trials in her life. Since seeing that movie I have enjoyed creating pies and naming them according to what is going on in my life. This month has been especially fattening while we are waiting to travel to get our new additions to the family. 

I am sorry that the pictures are not that great but you can get the idea anyway. For some reason, the pictures turn sideways when they upload and I cant figure out how to turn them back. Trust me, they definitely tasted better than they look in the pictures.

It started out small, we just had "Movie night popcorn" while we waited for a match.....

Then came the referral and staffing and then......
.........Chocolate Whoopie Pies in celebration of being matched
  "Whoopie!-We-are-excited Pies!"

This was the Bavarian Creme Apple Pie made while my mom was in the hospital.
  "My mom is in the hospital and I don't know what to do Bavarian Creme Apple Pie"

This was the 
"Mom got discharged from the Hospital today Chocolate Pecan Pie"
made when she was able to go back home.

Then came the 
"Back to waiting on the paperwork Candy apples"......
Next came the 
"I wish they would hurry up and email me back Caramel Popcorn".......
And now
"I am so tired of waiting just bring them to us Caramel Cheesecake!"  
and the worst part is there are only 4 of us to eat all this stuff.

Russell said if we don't hurry up and get our kids he's going to be as big as Bo...
...our 3 year old bull!

1 comment:

  1. I NEED that Bavarian Creme Apple Pie. As in now. And your caramel looks beautiful, too. I'm proud, mom. ;)

    When I come home I fully expect to have that pie in addition to the 10 layer cake from Mike's Farm that I've already requested.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment. We love to hear from you.